So you’re there… searching for the right web designer and digital marketing expert to help improve your online presence. What you want is simple – digital solutions that will bring in more money and more actively engage your audience. But, it may seem like finding the best professional for the job is… well… difficult. It may be a choice you’re struggling to make because you’re afraid you’ll make the wrong one!
Your decision should be based on two simple, yet fundamental questions.
Who should you listen to?
There are so many professionals out there claiming they will bring you the results you seek. And each one may have a different opinion about the strategies you should implement. Who should you choose?
There are a few easy ways to learn how reputable and trustworthy your prospects are. Using the tips I am about to share will guarantee you’ll make an educated decision.
Who will provide you with the best customer service experience?
If customer service is important to you, you’ll want to read further!
The last thing you (and your professional of choice) want is to work with someone who 1) doesn’t provide the level of service you need/desire, 2) you do not enjoy working with or 3) has an organizational style that doesn’t complement yours.
These are recipes for dissatisfaction.
Just a few extra steps can save you months of misery and wasted money!
In this case, a little extra time can go a long way! Think about it. You’re planning to partner with someone who will be working with you to build your brand online – whether it be through a website design, Google ads or social media marketing, to name a few. You want your goals to become reality. Accomplishing this takes teamwork! If you’re going to spend time collaborating and working with someone, you’re likely hoping for an enjoyable experience, right?
I’m here to tell you that you CAN have it all! It is possible to hire a highly qualified professional whom you will enjoy working with. And, it’s not difficult to do.
Use these top five tips for hiring the best web designer and digital marketing expert!
- Know what you want to accomplish. Make a list of your goals and be ready to discuss them with your prospects.
- Know your long-term needs (as much as possible.) For example, if you are designing a new website and you know that you want to run Google ad campaigns in the future, you may want to choose a professional who can do it all for you. Why? Because professionals who run successful digital ad campaigns will view your website through the lens of a digital marketer, not simply a web designer. This means that he/she can design your website in such a way that will make your ad campaigns more successful and save you money in the long run.
- Determine a budget. This is really important. How much can you afford to spend? If you cannot provide this to those you are interviewing, then the results you get from each professional may vary significantly. In order to get a true comparison between professionals, you need to provide each one with the same budget amount AND the same list of goals that you want to accomplish.
- Seek online reviews, and ask for references. Yes, I know… if you ask for references, the person/agency will give you their best. But, regardless, those references are good sources for you to ask questions. You may want to ask them things like:
- What is it like to work with John Doe?
- What were the goals for your project? Has the finished product met those goals?
- How long did the project take? Was if completed on schedule? If there were delays, what caused them?
- Did John Doe meet or exceed your expectations? Why or why not?
- How easy was John Doe to work with?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your [fill in the blank] for [fill in the blank]. An example might be: Rate your website’s SEO performance, brand presentation, lead generation performance, design quality, and ease of use.
- How were challenges and issues addressed? Professionally, quickly, thoroughly? Can you provide examples?
- Review each prospect’s portfolio and/or case studies. These will provide you with evidence of their abilities.
And, there you have it! I hope we’ve helped you learn how to choose the best digital marketing professional for you! If you still have questions, feel free to ask! We’re happy to be a resource for you.
And, of course, if you’re seeking website design, SEO and/or digital marketing services, we’re happy to provide those services as well.
Contact us! We’ll discuss custom digital solutions for you.